Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

4th of July

For the 4th of July I started out the day by running the Barrus Memorial 5k in Grantsville. It was my very first 5k. It was on day 60 of the BBMC so I counted that as my exercise. I thought that because I had done intense workouts that I would be able to run a 5k without stopping. WRONG! Apparently to train for a 5k you need to run. Hmmmm... Imagine that! I ran the first mile and then pooped out. I was really slow but I did finish! During the run I was thinking to myself that this was the dumbest thing ever and that I didn't know why I signed up. And my first thought when crossing the finish line was that I was going to do better the next year.





Then we watched the parade. It was hot and sunny so we made a little canopy of shade for the boys. Lucy got lots of candy. Then we headed home.










When we got home we flew our kite that Jen and Paul gave us for Christmas a while back. So fun. And it was crazy!