Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

California Trip

In September, Lucy and I spent some time with my Mom and Dad. First, we stayed in Draper a few days while I helped my sister-in-law with her new baby. Then we drove to California to visit with my sister Jen and her family. I didn't take many pictures but I can name a few highlights of the trip.

Lucy did pretty good on the 12 hour drive. It was a lot of work but I kept her happy. However, she struggled a little bit being away from her Daddy (as did I). She is like her Mom in that she doesn't do well being around a lot of people. We are both homebodies and are used to it just being us at home. She was kind of grumpy and had a lot of accidents while she was there.

We went to a few soccer games. One for my nephew and one for my neice.

We got to see my sister's oldest son get baptized. It was a great baptism. I loved being there and seeing family that I haven't seen in a while. My sister is such a great missionary and had invited three non-member families to the baptism. They knew it was a big day for her family so they came to support her and her family. What great friends!

I got to see my sister's beautiful home. She is such a talented interior designer. Her home was Pinterest heaven, and my sister doesn't even have Pinterest! I now desperately want to decorate my own home and I have been brainstorming ideas ever since. I wish I had taken a few pictures to show Ben because there just aren't words to express how beautiful it was.

We got to visit with Nana and Papa at their house. It was Lucy's first time there. We enjoyed a yummy BBQ. Nana has a decent size garden and Lucy loved eating the tomatoes right off of the vine. She wouldn't look at me when I tried to take a picture of her.





I remember sitting in this chair when I was little. All the springs are broken in it, but who wouldn't want to sit in a throne?

Nana painted this chair.
 These two would take turns sitting on the three-legged chair. They would count to ten and then jump up and switch. It was cute, considering neither of them can correctly count to ten.

It was a fun trip, but I was definitely glad to be home. To say I missed Ben is an understatement. I am a better person with him around. He is my rock. The trip was a huge learning experience. I came home with a strong desire to become a better person. I am grateful that I can be married to such a great guy who keeps both of his crazy girls in check. We have such a happy marriage and happy life at home. Next time I go on vacation I'll be sure to bring that good looking guy of mine along.





And now for a few side notes!
Our grass is green!

2. My wedding dress still fits!

3. And We ordered Lucy's passport! Taking pictures for it was tricky.

2 comments:

The Halladays said...

How fun for Lucy...and you!

Your house is so gorgeous! And so are you in your freaking wedding dress! So awesome!

Tati said...

I didn't realize Ben didn't go with you! lol. We need to get planning our Halloween party.....