Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmas Eve and Day

We had finger foods for Christmas Eve. Sausage, cheese, crackers, chips, dip, and all sorts of junk food. We watched a video of the nativity and read it in the scriptures.  It was fun. The highlight of our Christmas Eve was being a Secret Santa to Lucy's French teacher, Anne Kastler.

Anne moved to Grantsville at the beginning of the school year to teach French at GES. She brought her two children but her husband had to stay in France because he is a sheep farmer. Early in December one of the moms found out that her husband couldn't join them for Christmas. She organized 12 different students and teachers to do a 12 Days of Christmas for them. We were lucky enough to have the last day, Christmas Eve. So Ben and Lucy dropped off 12 sodas with a small gift for each of them. I'm sure it brightened her Christmas being so far from home. I would have loved to see her reaction. We sure do love her teacher. She is so kind and has sacrificed so much to teach our children. I love that it was all done in secret. However, I'm sure she would love it to know that it wasn't just one family that participated. It was twelve families! The whole community has her back and loves her, I hope she knows that.

On Christmas morning, Luke was so good at watching the clock and making sure that he and Jacob waited until 7am to come out of their room. Everyone was so grateful and happy with their gifts which was the greatest I could have asked for. I loved hearing the children sincerely saying "Thank you so much." Each child got 3 presents.  We're so glad he made it. Jacob got a large dinosaur, a garbage truck, and a batman costume.  Luke's was very similar. He got a large dinosaur, a fire truck, and a Spiderman costume. Lucy got a Spiralgraph, a journal, and small robotic puppy.  Molly got diapers, and baby wash clothes.

Later that evening we went to Grandma Rhonda and Grandpa Hans' house. We had potato casserole, steak and opened presents. Jacob got a crane, Luke got an airplane, Lucy got a doll, and Molly got a bedtime musical giraffe. I hardly remember what my gifts were when I was a child so I thought I would write them down. We had a great Christmas.






















No comments: