Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nana and Papa Come to Visit

My Nana and Papa came from California to visit at the end of July. They stayed at my parents' house in Draper along with my Uncle Chris and his wife Kresten and his son Dawson. I had only met Kresten one or two times and I don't even remember meeting Dawson and he's nine! Chris was the same as he always has been, goofy and down to earth. I couldn't stop looking at him because he looks so much like my dad and it was freaking me out. Kresten was so sweet and kind. She seems like the kind of woman I want to be one day. I really admired her. Dawson played so well with Lucy. He loved her and carried her around the house.

My cousins Mitchell and Christian were also there. I hadn't seen them is probably 10 years. They were no longer little boys, but men. And they were amazing. I was so impressed with how well they carried themselves. They were true gentlemen. They also had quite the sense of humor that kept us laughing until our stomachs hurt. If we lived closer I could definitely see Ben and them being great friends.

It was the first time Lucy had ever met any of them including her great grandparents. I made sure she knew who Nana and Papa were before we got there. I love Nana. She is so funny and so German, if I can say that. She says what's on her mind whether you like it or not. Papa has definitely aged. He slept most of the time but was definitely in good spirits when he was alert.

We had a yummy BBQ and then played a hilarious game. It was so fun!

I love this. Mitch was trying to get Lucy to smile.

All the cousins!

We made sure to include Papa in all of the happenings.
 Chris, Kresten, and Lucy

And a whole bunch of pictures of Nana and Lucy because I couldn't just pick one!







It was such a good evening full of games and love. I'm so excited to visit them in September. California here I come!

1 comment:

alyssa said...

totally know what you mean about your dad and uncle looking so much alike, we visited my grandpa's bro (my uncle?) in tx and he looked SO much like my sweet grandpa in md. except he looked so much younger than my gpa. freaked me out so much. p.s. i seriously love the pic of you and lucy with your snoozin gpa. so cute.