Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving because it is such a great time to reflect on all of our blessings, especially the wonderful blessing of families. I am so grateful for my family. I think about what an amazing husband I have and wonder how I ever got so lucky. I tell him all the time that I must have tricked him into marrying me. ;) He has so much patience and loves me for who I am. I am also grateful for my beautiful daughter. I remember how I sincerely wanted to be a mother and how dreadful it was that I didn't have her as soon as I wanted. I'll never forget the feeling of holding her in my arms for the first time. I was mesmorized by her. She is truly my little miracle. And I love her with all of my heart.


This Thanksgiving was great. It was relaxing to not have to travel and to spend the day at home. My mom and dad came over. We cooked, watched football, looked at Black Friday ads, played board games and then ate yummy food. My mom bought us ornaments that I am so excited to hang up tomorrow. We celebrated my birthday with brownies, ice cream, and pie. I got a lovely purse and lovely sweater. By 7:30 tonight my parents left and both Ben and Lucy crashed immediately. What a great day!


 





2 comments:

Tati said...

I love your little family, too! haha.

And I LOVE your boots! So much that I'm sorry--I bought a pair for myself. What can I say? you have great taste!

And your house is just gorgeous! I can't wait to play over there again. ;)

Paul and Shug said...

I'm pretty sure that's what Ben looked like when he was a wee tot. How fun.