Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Fall Festivities and We Moved!

Halloween this year was a little chaotic with the move. We weren't able to enjoy the ward Trunk or Treat or go Trick or Treating on Halloween but we still managed to enjoy the holiday with a few festivities. Lucy was a monkey this year. She's very wiggly and by the third picture she was done. Plus I am not a good photographer. But here's our little monkey!...


We had a mutual activity with a massive pumpkin so we sat Lucy on it to admire how cute she is.

 We also went to the Pumpkin Walk at Benson Gristmill. We were not sure what to expect but Lucy got to play in some hay which is always fun. Once again, I'm a bad photographer.

I have a group of amazing friends that get together every month to play Bunco. For Halloween we decided to dress up. I was Raggedy Ann....again. Plus I totally stole these pictures from Tatiana's blog so it's probably a repeat for some of you. :)




The actual move was Halloween day. It went very smoothly mainly because we dumped Lucy on three different neighbors during the process. We had a lot of help from people at church and work to load the truck and trailer that we borrowed. Our townhome was a little crowded with boxes the week of the move.


We settled into our home as much as possible and then the next weekend Ben went to Wisconsin for a week long training for work. Lucy and I missed him very much. But he got to see Lake Michigan. Woot! And he got to work on some big machine that he was excited about. In one video he showed me of the machining, I could hear guys in the background laughing out of excitement and saying how awesome it was. I tried to look excited while watching it but I failed...must be a guy thing. Or engineer thing.



There are no decorations in our home yet and probably won't be for a while. But we feel so blessed to live here. We love it. We've saved EVERY penny over the last four years and now we've spoiled ourselves with the home of our dreams. And as a request I have an updated video of our home. Feel free to skip over it if you wish. It's kind of long.



6 comments:

Heather Feather said...

I love Lucy's monkey costume and that you had to chase her in the movie :) In the pictures I can see a lot of Ben in her.
And congrats on the house! It's gorgeous! All that saving really paid off! It'll be so fun to raise your family in your own home!

Tati said...

I love it, too!

mama said...

subtle yet perfect light pink for a girls room....Behr's (home depot brand) Early Sunset!

Carter heard you say "cookie" and is now freaking out because I don't have any!!!!

Love it all! Lucy the best!

Paul and Shug said...

YAY!!! I'm so stoked for you guys. What a crazy adventure life is. Can you believe you guys are grown ups that have a kid and own your own home? That's nutso. I'm so happy you get to have a place that is your own that will hold your future. I like the bay window a lot. And your stove. And bathroom. So so exciting. Thanks for posting the video. And good job having a cute cute Lucy to chase around.

Paul and Shug said...

And you can tell Ben I think that big machine looks AWESOME! Whatever it is.

Tiffany Rumsey said...

I love your house! So darling! I'm glad you did that video- it makes it so much easier to picture the whole thing. So fun