Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Oahu, Hawaii Trip: Day 1

Ben and I had the opportunity to go to Hawaii in March for a week. We flew Ben's mom down from Saskatchewan to watch the kids for the trip. Our best friends, Daniel and Britney Magstadt live in Oahu. They had a beautiful baby girl at the end of February. Originally I was planning on flying out there to help her out during her transition to motherhood. Thankfully she was able to get the help she needed from plenty of family members so Ben and I went together in March. I am grateful that we have such amazing friends. I'm grateful that my children have a selfless grandma who loves them so much and was willing to take on the challenge of watching them during the week.

We left on a Wednesday morning. After we arrived, we quickly got a rental car and headed towards Pearl Harbor. We learned a lot about the history of the attacks. It was free to walk around and go through the buildings so we spent an hour doing that before they closed. Then we headed to Oahu where we stayed for the next 7 days. Britney and Dan were amazing and let us crash at their place!












 

 






 

No comments: