Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lucy's 4th Birthday

Lucy turned 4 on the 15th. I made a cake the day before and had been planning on taking her to the aquarium that Saturday. The morning of her birthday  rolled around and she was so excited for her birthday party. What!? Her birthday party? I didn't plan a birthday party. So I posted on Facebook asking someone to please come over and play, and Ben made her birthday pancakes!




. I got two girls to come over by 9:30am and they stayed until a little after 12pm. It went great. Chloe and Claire and Lucy played so well together and pretty much entertained themselves. They colored, painted, played downstairs, ate cake, and then Lucy opened a gift that my best friend Maria sent to her. Thank you Maria! It was so relaxing  to just let them play. It was the best impromptu party. I think I may do that every year! It was so stressful last year with themed decorations, themed games, themed treats, costumes and my high expectations. It really taught me that kids don't need a lot. She loved her "Cinderella Birthday Party" and still talks about how great it was.































We had been asking Lucy what she wanted for her birthday and she kept saying a library. Unfortunately that wasn't in our budget. Ben researched online and decided to buy her a big kid bike. She loves it. She had never ridden one before but it didn't take her long to get the hang of it. She now rides up and down the sidewalk. Our block is pretty large so I think it makes her feel really independent to be able to go all the way down the side walk on her own. She rides it everyday.






The next day we went to the doctors for her 4 year check up. She got her Kindergarten shots. The doctor explained it to her and told her she could do it now or wait until her 5 year check up. She thought about it and then told him she wanted them. She was so brave.

She is in the 30th percentile for height and weight. She is a petite girl. She is so smart for her age. She's reading beginner books. I keep telling her that if she can read she can do anything she wants in life, so it makes me happy that she loves to read books. She draws so well. She meets every requirement for kindergarten even though she has another year of preschool. She is incredibly social. A man at the grocery store told me that she will do well in life because of how social and confident she is. I believe that. I appreciate all of her unique qualities. She is so different than the shy child I was. I love her so much.



1 comment:

Paul and Shug said...

Awesome cake!!! And nice sandbox. Good times for Lucy.