Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baby Shower and Pregnancy Update

Last weekend some of my really good friends put on a neighborhood baby shower for me. Over 20 people came. It was amazing to receive all of that love and support. I have a great neighborhood. Emily, Melinda, Tiffany, Becca, and Ashley spent so much time and effort putting it together. They are over achievers. Emily and Ash spent 12 hours the day before making the amazing cake! Not only did it look amazing but it tasted amazing too! I failed to get pictures with the hosts. They are seriously amazing.





































This last week my pregnancy has turned upside down. I have felt as you would expect someone with twins to feel when they are pregnant. This last week has really got me complaining. My nighttime contractions are getting more and more painful as the babies are getting bigger. They keep me up most of the night, along with heartburn. The doctor gave me a prescription to stop preterm labor and I take it 3 times a day. I also had to go in to get some corticosteroids to help speed up the lung development of the boys in case I do go into labor. The morning after I took the contraction medicine I woke up like this:


I went to bed with skinny cute feet and woke up like this. I have been massaging my feet and it has helped a lot.


On a good note, the babies are doing excellent. As of my 32 week appointment they were about 4 1/2 lbs each (who knows how accurate that is though). On Monday after my NST my doctor said that their fetal monitoring charts were the perfect model for what they want to see happening with the babies. They have good heart beats, good movement, good development, you name it. And now that they've have the steroids for lung development they should be healthy if they arrive any day. They might have trouble feeding until after 35 weeks but that is expected.


31 weeks


 33 weeks
I was determined to dress better this pregnancy because I didn't get ANY maternity clothes last time. I went to DI and bought some very large tent clothes that still had tags on them and altered them. The two shirts above are my favorites. I wish I had taken a before picture because they really did look like tents that had major ruffles.

At around 20 weeks when we found out we were having boys I started to collect all the gear I needed. I noticed Lucy's old car seat was pretty faded and needed to be recovered so I worked on that. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.





I made a matching canopy for it that I love. One baby will be orange and grey child, the other one will be blue and green. 


I have also recovered the bobby to be more gender neutral. I love that this pregnancy forced me to pull out the sewing machine again. It had been a while.


Today's goal is to pack the hospital bag and wash all of the baby clothes. The dresser that we ordered is in transit as we speak and this weekend we're headed to target to buy everything else we need including the bedding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cute tops. Before I read that you altered some shirts, I thought, "She did a really good job finding big enough tops for being pregnant with twins!" Congrats on everything!

Janell said...

Those covers are great! Wish I lived closer to you so you could teach me to sew. And in return I could snuggle your cute little boys when they come out. :) So close, good luck!

Jamie Cline said...

Love your update! Can't wait to see your baby boys! And that cake is awesome!