Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lucy's 3rd Birthday!

Lucy turned 3 years old today. Last night while I was up preparing for her birthday party I was awake at 12:29am, the exact time she was born. Since I was the only one awake I had time to stop and think about that night 3 years ago. I got to relive the excitement, peace, and spirit that I felt after holding my little newborn in my hands. She was so tiny. She was so perfect. And now she's a little person with her own ideas, thoughts, feelings and personality. She has an amazing imagination that carries her all over. She loves to read.  She has the ability to listen to me read stories without pictures and  imagine what I am reading to her. She loves her trinket dolls that she carries everywhere and talks to all day. She can sing. She has memorized more nursery rhymes than even I know. She is so smart. And to think just 3 years ago she was new in this world and so helpless. I love her. I love that I can spend my days with her.


On Sunday we had my brother and parents over for dinner. Lucy loves her cousins and she got to spend that whole weekend with them.







Today we had a Snow White themed birthday party for her and had some of her friends come to play.












After snacks we made necklaces.  





We played a penny tossing game into a "wishing well."



we played "poison apple" (like hot potato) and then they fainted when the music stopped and got Hershey "kisses" to wake them up.







We opened presents.






Then the kids played around the house.





Later that evening we went to Stockton Miner's for Lucy's birthday dinner, then to Cold Stone's for her birthday treat.






I'm not big into birthday parties but it was fun to make a big deal for Lucy's big day. I'm glad she had fun. I'm glad that she could spend it with family and friends. I'm glad I get to be her mom. 

 I love her.

3 comments:

Paul and Shug said...

Great post! I LIKE that girl! She's so great! And that party looks like a blast. I love the fainting part.

Unknown said...

She is growing up so fast! We miss her! And you guys.

Jamie Cline said...

She is SO cute, and you did an amazing job with that party! I just loved seeing all the pictures :)