Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Alumni Hockey Game

Ben had his alumni game yesterday in Provo. It makes me happy to see him doing something that he loves. It makes me sad that there isn't a rink close to us in Grantsville. Before the game started Lucy and Ben skated. It was her first time ice skating. She had mixed emotions about it but she was so cute in little skates. By the time she had finished she was able to walk around in the skates with little help.


 When the game started Lucy was so excited that "Daddy-io" was out on ice. She cheered and clapped. She kept looking for him in the tunnel and was thrilled when he walked by.



The actual game was really good. Ben made two goals, one of which was really far from the net and was amazing. He won his face-offs also. He's in such good shape and was one of the better players out there. The alumni team actually ended up beating the current team! Ben was number 20 in the white jersey.





I'm glad that Ben got to enjoy playing hockey again. The last time he played was last year at the alumni game. Maybe when our basement is finished and we get a family car we can budget to have him on the Salt Lake Men's League.

4 comments:

Tiffany Rumsey said...

How fun! And I agree- Lucy looks darling in her cute little ice skates!

alyssa said...

oh my goodness lucy is SOO cute in little skates! and GO BEN!

Paul and Shug said...

How great. We went to a UAA (University of Alaska Anchorage)hockey game last night. We usually make it to one a year. It's always really weird for me to watch a hockey game and think about what a huge part of my childhood that was and what a huge part of life for my brothers. UAA played not well. I'll bet Ben's game was much better. I kept wishing I was watching him and Levi playing. Lucy sure is great, isn't she?

Tati said...

I love the pic in the background of all the kids falling down! lol