Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2011

The week before Christmas Lucy got Croup. She was fine when she went to bed but she woke up sounding like a barking seal. I thought it was Croup, but when I called the nurse she said that it was probably nothing and we should wait. Lucy then got a fever a little over 101 and so I took her in to the doctor. The receptionist said it was probably nothing so we left without seeing the doctor. On the way home, Ben and I both felt like we should turn around and go back. We did and found out Lucy had Croup and would have to be under house arrest for the next five days. I wish I had listened to my instincts the first time I had them. She loved the medicine that the doctor said she would loath. She cried when there was no more “num nums,” as she called it. Thankfully she was fully recovered by the time Christmas came around.

We got to spend the end of the year with my sister and her family and my parents. I love when my sister comes. I wish we lived closer than we do. We ate a lot of yummy food and opened lots of presents. Christmas morning and afternoon was just us. It was so relaxing to wake up when we wanted, eat what/when we wanted, go to church, and then come home and open presents as we pleased. Lucy even got in a nap before my family came.




1 comment:

Tati said...

Taylor has a dress just like the one Lucy is wearing in here! SO CUTE! You know I'm a big fan of the zebra stripes! ;)